Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tangled

Directed by: Nathan Greno and Byron Howard
Written by: Dan Fogelman
Based on the Fairy Tale by The Brothers Grimm
Top Billed Actors: Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy

Genre: Children/Family
Year Released: 2010
Rating: PG

When the infamous thief, Flynn Rider, climbs into a tower in the middle of the woods to hide, he is in for a shock. The tower is home to the beautiful Princess Rapunzel who has been imprisoned there since childhood by the villainous Mother Gothel. When Rapunzel manages to knock Flynn unconscious (frying pans are quite useful like that) and tie him up in her overly long and magical hair, he agrees to help her escape the tower and journey to see the floating lanterns that appear in the sky every year. With that, the pair set off on a musical adventure across the kingdom. They are accompanied by the obligatory animal companions seen in nearly every animated film – Pascal, Rapunzels pet chameleon, and Maximus, a war horse who has been chasing Flynn. As they draw near the center of the kingdom, Rapunzel and Flynn find themselves growing closer, despite Mother Gothel’s attempts to intervene.

Sarah’s Thoughts
Believe it or not, I cannot actually come up with anything that I particularly disliked about this movie. The plot was engaging despite small amounts of cliché, the characters were well developed, the music was both beautiful and singable. I loved every minute of watching Tangled. In fact, I loved it so much that we saw it in the theater twice. Well, we both loved it. But I’m trying not to give away Chris’s section before you get to it… Oops. Too late.
I urge you to rent or purchase (its worth it) Tangled when it comes out on DVD (March 29th) If your pride won’t allow you to watch a Disney film alone, borrow (or steal) a child and lose yourself in the magic of the best Disney fairy tale we’ve seen in years. Trust me, you won’t regret it.

Chris’s Thoughts
We come back to you with another Disney movie. Stop judging me. Now, I know I have gotten excited over reviews. Hey I love movies. But if I could, I would make these next words pop out of your screen, punch you in the face and then swirl around your head, just so you get the message. Okay..here we go. -takes a deep breath- TANGLEDISTHEGREATESTANIMATED/DISNEYMOVIETHATHASEVERBEENCREATEDBECAUSEITISSOFUNNYANDOMGICAN'TBELIEVEHOWMUCHILOVEITGAHHHHHHHHHHafkj;akdfjakls!!!!!!!!!

-takes a shaky breath- Pardon me. Anyways, Tangled is the epitome of great Disney movies. It beats Aladdin and if you know me, you know how much I LOVE Aladdin. The characters in Tangled are just so real. They have such depth. When you take a look at classics like Snow White the characters are kinda 1 dimensional. Okay so Snow White is pretty and nice and can sing......wonderful. And The Prince....yeah that's his name. THE PRINCE. THE DUDE WASN'T EVEN GIVEN A FRICKEN NAME. They had no personality! But in Tangled the characters are full of it. Full of insecurities and faults. And that's not all! It was so funny! I watched this in the theater with Sarah and was laughing harder than the seven year old kids (still judging?). Even the animals have so much personality! And the songs are so beautiful and more comlex, but yet so simple and catchy. There were a few cliches, but come on its Disney, so who cares? This is another must see. I've seen it twice. So again I wind down another review. Endings are hard to write. At least its not like the Soprano's where it just

1 comment:

  1. yay tangled!!!!
    ...and while I KNOW the unfinished sentence is intentional... gah! make it go away! or at least put in a period. you have no idea how much this pains me

    ReplyDelete