Sunday, February 27, 2011

Disney World!

'Ello once again. Firstly, I feel that I owe an apology to our readers for the delayed posting. As lame of an excuse as it is, I was in Disney World this past week. Now, I fully intended to continue our regular updates while down there, but having fun is exhausting... blogging time turned into nap time.
No worries though. From today on, we will be returning to our regularly scheduled Wednesday and Sunday updates.

In the meantime, since you're here and since I'm awake enough to write, I might as well tell you a bit about my vacation. After all, Disney is very much related to movies. So its even relevant.

Disney World. One of the most iconic vacation spots in the country. Once inside the gates, everyone's inner 8 year old is revealed. I am not ashamed to admit that when we arrived at Magic Kingdom, I started skipping and was absolutely thrilled that we got there in time to count down to the park's opening with Mickey.
Now, Disney may be a large and arguably evil corporation. After all, they gave us Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. However, after a week in Disney World, I am willing to forgive them these atrocities. The parks may be horribly overpriced and commercialized, and if they were any less well run, there is no way that they could get away with it.
My first visit to Orlando came when I was 7 years old. At that age, I thought everything was absolutely magical. I truly believed that the characters walking around had walked right out of my favorite movies and that every ride was a journey to another world. Even now, ten years later, that magic is not lost. Despite the fact that I should know better, I still get lost in Disney World. Flying with Peter Pan, rescuing a dinosaur from the asteroid impact, Soarin' above California, all of this still leaves me grinning like an idiot.
I could go on and on with stories of my vacation, but while I'm typing this, I'm ignoring both Chris and a Doctor Who episode, so I'll leave you with what is probably my favorite moment of my entire trip.
When I got into Magic Kingdom, I immediately noticed that Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from Tangled were available for pictures throughout the day. I cannot possibly describe how excited I was to see this. However, when we first passed the spot, the line was ridiculously long so I decided to be mature and skip it. So we went about our day, riding Space Mountain, helping Buzz Lightyear defeat Zurg and sailing through It's a Small World (I'm STILL singing that song). Afterwards, though, there was still enough time for one more thing. So, being the mature high school senior that I am, I insisted on waiting to see Rapunzel and Flynn. Thankfully my aunt was understanding and wandered off to do some shopping (I really had to twist her arm for that one).
Amazingly, I wasn't the only high school senior in line for this show. Together, my new friend and I waited about an hour and a half to see Rapunzel. And I assure you, it was the most worthwhile wait of the day. Coloring, dancing with the characters, and best of all, pictures!
On that note, I will bid you all farewell and promise to return to our normal pattern on Wednesday.
Embrace the magic!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment