Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Howdy guys. Chris comin' atcha with a mini-view. Which is, of course, the half-breed son between the two words: miniature and review (woah too much munchkin). Now I know we've been doing a lot of musicals, but that's just because they are so stupendous! But I digress.

This mini-view is about Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which is, by far, one of the greatest things the world has ever known and is known to cure deafness (Yeah, I know, so cool). Dr. Horrible stars How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick Harris. Dr. Horrible is about a nefarious and slightly inept villain called Dr. Horrible aka Billy, who is our protagonist. A villainous protagonist?! What?! I KNOW SO COOL! Anywayyyzzz, Billy is totally in love with a girl named Penny played by the stunning Felicia Day (aka Codex) who he meets while doing laundry. The antagonist, played by the amazing TV show Firefly's Nathon Fillion, (I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you), is Captain Hammer an egotistical jerk face (oh yeah I went there) who's only concerns are looking good, getting the girl, and having adoring fans. Dr. Horrible is so serious but so funny, it sucks you in with furry tentacles that suction cup to your soul and never let you go.

Another great fact about this mini-musical (heh I did it again) is that the writer (incidentally my favorite writer) Joss Whedon (writer of Firefly, Dollhouse and Buffy the Vampire Slayer) wrote this show during the writer's strike, trying to show writers that they could still write good material. But when this show went for sale on Itunes it was the number one most downloaded video for a good long while! I recommend this if you are bored and need something to do for the next half hour to hour. Dr. Horrible is a lyrical, musical and artistically awesome film that you will absolutely love.

Well this blog is winding down and....oh...goodenss look at my wrist I gotta go. This is Chris Wharton....signing off. -salute-

1 comment:

  1. I love Munchkin.
    I love Dr. Horrible.
    I love Chris.
    Everything about this makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete