Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cabaret


Good evening everyone. Or morning, I suppose. Or sometime in between. Once again, I see you have returned. For once, I am afraid, my mind is far from the realm of movies. Instead, my head is filled with thoughts of scene changes, light cues and curtain calls. Today is, in fact, the last dress rehearsal for my school’s musical, Cabaret. As with every theater production, this last week – Hell Week, if you will – has been crazy. I’m starting to feel as though I live in our auditorium and awoke this morning thinking I could hear a radio crackling in my ear. Every waking moment has been spent writing cues, running in and out of the light booth (I won’t count up how many times I’ve tripped on those stairs) and trying to solve impossible questions such as “where can we store the bed?” Cues are missed, props are lost (or haven’t arrived yet) and costume changes trip everyone up. As this point in every show, I wonder how we can possibly pull it together. Everyone is so  burnt out that is seems an impossible feat. However, we somehow manage every time and put on a show to be proud of. So I urge you all to drop by and come see Cabaret. Especially for the wonderful opportunity it presents to see Chris dressed as a gorilla. A female gorilla. A female gorilla dancing the tango. If that’s not enough incentive for you, I don’t know what will be.

And to any cast or crew who’ve stumbled upon this, break a leg! 

No comments:

Post a Comment