Sunday, March 13, 2011

3D Mania

It seems that every time I turn around, there’s a new movie coming out in 3D. I recall the first 3D movie I ever saw – Spy Kids 3D. At the time, it was the coolest thing ever. It was one of a kind and the 3D effect was incorporated as part of the plot. However, the novelty has now worn off. While 3D does have some upsides, mainly it being cool, I find the film industry’s new obsession with it to be quite ridiculous.
Films such as Avatar that feature frequent action and helicopter shots look fantastic in 3D but for most other movies, Never Say Never for instance, the 3d simply isn’t worth it. Okay, I can’t really say that. I have not seen Never Say Never and, quite frankly, never intend to. However, judging by the genre, it is not a film that can be improved by 3D.
I will admit that the 3D effect can be cool for those who do not suffer from motion sickness. But those glasses? Despite their improvement from the flimsy red and blue things, for those of us who wear normal glasses, they’re just a pain. They slide off your nose, sit awkwardly on your ears and are simply uncomfortable.
For me, the overall experience of most 3D movies is simply not worth it.

Have your own thoughts on the 3D fad? Tell me in the comments! No blogspot account is needed to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment