Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An Introduction

Hello and welcome. Somehow, in your Internet wanderings, you’ve found your way to our blog. Now that you’re here, we hope you’ll stay a while.
“Who is ‘we’?” You may be asking yourself. Well, I suppose that’s a fair and relatively simple question. The answer to that question, however, is complex. It would be much easier to give an explanation of what we are not. For instance, we are not robots. We are also not kinkajous or desk lamps. However, I assume that most reasonable individuals have already deduced this.
So I am now left with the task of describing what we are – no small feat. It is nearly impossible to sum up a single person in mere words, let alone two. I am aware, however, that there is only so much information that the average Internet user is interested in.
To begin, we are high school students. Our names are Chris and Sarah. What people call us, well, that varies. We are aspiring filmmakers and, of course, movie junkies. Though we each have our different tastes and opinions, we share the same passion for the industry.
I am sure that you are not here to hear me ramble about our various goals and aspirations. Such a passage would be rather boring, and bored readers move on to other blogs, so we shall try to avoid that.
When Chris is not filming, he tends to be gaming, following me around, or eating ramen, the only meal he can properly prepare. I suppose he does have other hobbies, but its so much fun to mock him. And as I’m the one writing this introduction, there really is not a whole lot he can do about it.
I tend to lead a slightly more diverse existence. Among my interests are fencing, SCUBA diving and travel. I spend far too much of my life cross-stitching in front of countless television shows (House, Doctor Who, Firefly… I could go on and on). My addiction to Broadway is almost unhealthy.
Anyway, enough about me, for now. I’m sure you’ll grow to know both of us through our various ramblings in this blog. And speaking of the blog, I’m sure you’re wondering all about. As the title suggests and as previously mentioned, Chris and I share a love for films. Therefore, movies and movie making will be the blog’s primary focus.
Recently, we came across a book entitled 501 Must See Movies in our local bookstore. After briefly flipping through the book’s suggestions, we decided to buy it. Upon pondering the subject further, the idea for this blog came to me. Chris and I are very vocal about our opinions of any film we watch and have no problem sharing these opinions with anyone who asks and with many who don’t. So why not formalize the process into a blog?
So there you have it. Our primary topic shall be movie reviews, at least for the present. As time goes by, I’m sure we’ll dip into our own film projects and maybe even some of our thoughts on other topics.
Look for our first film review in upcoming days.
Safe travels and happy reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment